11 Weeks left to go and still feeling a little tired, but overall, pretty great! Decorating for Christmas this year has been a slow going with all else we have going on in our lives right now, but we've FINALLY finished decorating, HOORAY! Almost all of the decorations were up the day after Thanksgiving (and yes, even a small few done on Thanksgiving Day...as my mom gasps...I know, I know...she hates when decorating for Christmas takes place before T'giving has come and gone) However, for some reason, it took us forever to complete decorating the Christmas Tree and get the Christmas village set up. I guess the small task of working on Owen's nursery distracted us somewhat :)
We have 2 Christmas parties to go to this weekend--Matt & Amanda Hene's and then Tony's High School Crew's--as well as a birthday celebration for Chris (Tony's bro) and we're really looking forward to the fun packed weekend...and then after that...it's CHRISTMAS, YAHOO!!! It came so fast this year, I can hardly believe it's almost 2008, that's crazy! An even crazier thought, and this is so random, but last night Tony & I saw a commercial for American Idol (the new seaon starts on Jan 15 for any fellow addicts by the way...) and I asked him if he realized that by the time the 7th American Idol is named, we will have a kid. Okay, so yes I know, there's only 11 weeks until his due date so I better come to grips with this fact, but it's still so strange to wrap my mind around...
Well, I guess that's about it for this week! I'll close with a few pics of our house all decorated for Christmas followed by the usual baby update...he's a squash this week so that's kinda exciting, um I think?...
Our Christmas Tree
The fireplace & mantle...with my Willow Tree Nativity, I LOVE IT!!!
Our dining room table, I got this idea from Southern Living and I think it turned out really cute :)
29 Weeks: Size o' a Squash
Your baby is almost 17 inches tall now (nearly as tall as he or she will be at birth), and close to 3 pounds (a weight that will likely more than double — and may even come close to tripling — by delivery time). His wrinkled skin is smoothing out as more fat is deposited under the skin surface. This fat, called white fat, is different from the earlier brown fat that your baby accumulated. Brown fat is necessary for body temperature regulation while white fat (the fat that we have) actually serves as an energy source.
Which explains why your energizer baby feels so energized! Space in your baby's living quarters is now at a premium, so you'll be feeling jabs and pokes from elbows and knees mostly. But those kicks will be more vigorous than before (and also less erratic) because your baby is stronger and excitedly responding to all sorts of stimuli — movement, sounds, light, and that candy bar you ate half an hour ago.Baby's baby-teeth buds formed weeks ago, but now the buds for permanent teeth are forming in his gums as well. And back to those kicks, who's counting? Actually, you should be. Now's a good time to start doing a kick count twice a day to make sure baby's doing just fine (plus, it's a good excuse for a rest). Lie down (preferably after a snack) and keep track of your baby's movements. You're looking for at least ten movements in an hour's time (don't forget to count movements of any kind — kicks, flutters, swishes, rolls, and so on).


0 comments:
Post a Comment