Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Bon Voyage Uncle Matt!

My brother, Matt, has headed out to Colorado for about 6 months or so to live and work out there for a while. He is quite the outdoorsman, always planning for and going on exciting trips and we are excited for him in his biggest adventure yet! We will definitely miss him while he's away, but are really excited for him and all the fun he's going to be having :)

Matt came home last week to visit one last time before heading west. Since Tony went to Kentucky for the UGA game, Owen and I packed up and headed over to my parents for the weekend so that we could spend as much time as we could with Matt. We had a great visit and I enjoyed the time that we had to sit around talking and catching up on each others' lives, watching movies, hiking in the woods, and staying up late (or my ridiculous attempt to anyways!).

My brother is such an awesome guy and is so interesting and intelligent. He knows so much about the outdoors--he is really skilled and passionate about his hobbies and interests. We always have great conversations and I enjoy every minute that I get to spend with him. If you happen to read this Matt, I want you to know that I love you so much and I feel so blessed to be your sister :) I hope you have a blast in Colorado and I can't wait for you to get back and tell me all about it. It is so cool that you've taken this trip--you really are awesome! I took lots of pictures of our weekend with Uncle Matt and here are a few of my favorites :)
Hiking in the woods
(you can't see him, but Owen is in the Bjorn with Geebee)
breakfast with Pops!






Love you Matt!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome that he's going on a new adventure! what part of CO is he going to and what's he going to do there? Well I know you'll miss him- but those are great pics of him and Owen. They adore each other already!