Sunday, April 19, 2009

Our Garden!!!

I am so, so, SO EXCITED!!!! Yesterday we planted our vegetable garden!!! For the past several years we have had it in various different locations, none which got quite enough sun. We've always had a good garden, but we just knew that we needed a little bit more sun to make it even better. This year I think we've done it! Tony worked so hard and did such an awesome job building a terrace on our back bank. Then we dug up dirt from the woods, put in top soil and soil conditioner, and made a nice little level garden that gets sun all day long! We planted tomatoes, zucchini, bell peppers, jalapeno peppers, oregano, italian flat leaf parsley, and basil. Then we put up a chicken wire fence to keep the rabbits and deer out. We're going to try our hand at making my Papa's famous pepper jelly. I sure hope it turns out well :) OOOHHH!!! and I just cannot wait to eat homegrown tomato sandwiches, YUMMY!!!! Big boy helping us dig in the dirt! YEA! The finished product, I LOVE IT!

2 comments:

Emilie Smith said...

That's so fun, Hannah! I like your little helper : ) I want to make a vegetable garden soon!

Kristen O'Kelley said...

Hey Hannah! Thanks for the comment! I'll have to add your blog to my list so I can keep up with little Owen. He is just as CUTE as can be! How fun to look at things he is doing and know we are just a few months behind. It's funny you mention liking the name Luke b/c we considered the name Owen also. ha ha. (It's my husband's mom's maiden name).
Anyway, glad to see y'all are doing so good!