My aunts & uncles from my mom's side of the family were in town last weekend--Alison (mom's sister) & Berry and Sandy (mom's brother) & LeeAnn. They were here for the entire weekend and we had such an awesome time visiting with them and catching up. It was also Sandy & LeeAnn's first time meeting Owen :) To kick off the weekend, we all (minus Tony, he had to work) took a trip to the GA Aquarium. It was both Owen & my first visit and we all had a blast! That place is soooo awesome! Owen really thinks so too, he was in awe the whole time, pointing and laughing and telling us all about the great fish he was seeing! We were all in such awe of the enormous fish surrounding us that I only ended up taking a few pictures of Owen with Geebee & Pops. The rest are of just Owen with the fish and then a few of the fish & other sea creatures by themselves. I really hate it that I didn't get a group shot or any of Owen with his great aunts & uncles at the Aquarium but I guess we were all just so enamored by the fish that it slipped our minds!
Owen's very first encounter with the fish. He started pointing and saying "wow" immediately!
Checking out the giant jellyfish
Watching the sea otters with Geebee
My sweet boy and me :)
This was my favorite creature, a dragon sea horse...I forgot the real name, but they were so fun to watch!
Watching the beluga whales with Pops
The main attraction! The whale sharks :)
Owen in the concave window, it looks like the fish is right next to him!
Silly boy trying to grab my camera while I was taking a picture of him with Geebee
...and this last one pretty much sums up Owen's GA Aquarium experience. I absolutely LOVE his expression in this one!!!
I'm pretty sure he's saying, "I LOVE THIS PLACE!!!"
...and this last one pretty much sums up Owen's GA Aquarium experience. I absolutely LOVE his expression in this one!!!

3 comments:
looks like a fun time was had by all at the aquarium!!! I'm about to post picts from his party!!!! I put them on snapfish too - you should have an email. see you soon!
I appriciate your words of encouragement. I didn't go into all the details on the blog but it was by far the worst experience of my life with Mackenzie so far. I was crying, she was crying, Scott was trying to listen to everything to dr. was saying along with trying to calm Mack and me down. The dr. really jumped the gun when she insisted on filling out a "failure to thrive" report and I demanded her not to. Mackenzie is not a failure to thrive baby, and if she would have just listened to what Scott was trying to tell her, she would have learned that. Needless to say, the report was filled out. And I learned force feeding is not the way to go. I really felt like the dr. was going to take her from us. But, when we went back for follow up visits, the dr. that owns the practice was great! Glad to know Mack's not the only one that's a skinny mini! We did weigh her last night and she's up to 13/9, so she's getting there.
Post a Comment