Monday, July 06, 2009

Sweet Summertime

Our garden is in full bloom and we are loving it! We have an abundant supply of homegrown tomatoes, zucchini, and jalapeno peppers. We also have several fresh herbs that we try and use in our cooking practically every day. No sign of the bell peppers yet, but I'm thinking they'll be here soon. I even gave it a shot at making my grandfather's pepper jelly and it turned out great! Tony & I are going to make as many batches as we can from our jalapenos so we'll have plenty to last us till next summer as well as some to give away too.

Almost every morning Owen and I head out to the garden to see what's ripe and ready for picking. He loves to try and pick the marigolds when I'm not looking, which are the only thing he can reach through the fence. I don't mind him picking one or two of them, but he always wants to shove them in his mouth and run off on me so it's become his funny little game. What a little stinker :) Headed out to the garden 1st thing in the morning

Little stinker trying to see if I'm looking so he can nab a marigold!

Our Garden!!!

Jalapenos, almost ready for picking

Homegrown tomatoes, does it get any better?!

1st batch of pepper jelly, so good!

Owen loves the garden just like his mama!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great pictures- they perfectly capture the feeling of summertime! (Plus the cute little boy in them helps too! :) And your garden looks scrumptious! My parents' garden needs your green thumb- all their tomatoes are tiny and green still! ha ha!