Friday, August 17, 2007

11 weeks and counting...

...and feeling pretty good! I am almost 11 1/2 weeks pregnant and it's hard to believe, but I only have 1 1/2 weeks left in my first trimester! The nausea is letting up some and, while I'm still quite tired, it's nothing like it was a few weeks ago! Despite moments of nausea and exhaustion, this time has flown by! I cannot wrap my mind around the thought that, 6 months from now, I will be wrapping my arms around a beautiful baby. God truly knows what he is doing when he gives a couple 9 months to prepare for a baby--there's just so much to do! And I thought wedding planning was a lot, but that's just for one day--this is preparing for a life! Of course there is so much we still can't do yet--nursery decorating, "gear" buying, "baby proofing," etc. since we don't know if we're having a girl or a boy yet (that's only about 7 weeks away, YAHOO!)--but I'm still a little overwhelmed at times with all that is in store. Someone needs to come out with a "baby planning book" with the folders and stuff of what to do each month like they have for wedding planning. Maybe I'll invent it and become rich (hey wait a minute, maybe I shouldn't have shared my ingenious idea on the internet!) Seriously though, we are just so excited and looking forward to all that God has in store for us in these 6 months leading up to the birth of our first child. I am doing a "belly documention" each month...maybe if I get brave I'll post those pics on here soon :)

On another note, yesterday our very dear friends Courtney & Emory Lott received official legal guardianship of their precious 4 year old Mina that they have been caring for over the past year...GOD IS SO GOOD! Hopefully they will also receive full adoption soon, but for now we are just praising God that sweet Mina is in the care of this wonderful family that loves her so much! Updates to come soon...

2 comments:

Court and Em said...

Hey! I found your blog, finally! I love reading about baby Dichiara! I can't wait!

The Hankinson's said...

well isn't this just groovy!!! very cool. I like reading about eveyrthing going on - even though we are neighbors and we talk all the time. hehe!