Well, I've been a little "under the weather" this week :( I have had some allergies or a cold...not sure which one...with congestion and some sinus issues. Let me tell you, that doesn't mix too well with pregnancy. Unknown by me until this week, there's a pregnancy side effect that some women get called excessive saliva--ew, gross. I will spare the gory details, but apparently a cold and/or allergies (which ever I may have) can aggrevate this condition and let's just say I've had my fair share of miserable, looooooonnnng nights lately. I did however, get another hero in my life this week, (don't worry Court, you didn't get back seat--you just have to share co-ownership of the title now) the RN at my OB, Linda, and she's super. She worked with me for 2 days to help me find a solution so that I could get some rest and yesterday the remedy was discovered--BENADRYL. That stuff is just plain fantastic and I finally got some sleep last night, hooray!
Baby is about 5 inches long and more than 3 ½ ounces — the size of your open hand or an onion.Baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. The umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes are now topped by one-of-a-kind prints.
Your baby is almost certainly listening up by now. In fact, loud noises — the dog barking, the doorbell ringing — will actually startle him/her. Your baby's eyes (which have fortunately finished their migration to the front of his/her head) are making small side-to-side movements and can even perceive some light, though the eyelids are still sealed.

1 comments:
Congratulations! (I'm a bit behind and just figured out you guys are expecting.)
I taught mother and baby wellness classes in Senegal, so if you have any questions that your team of doctors can't answer - I'm all ears!
Post a Comment