Friday, September 14, 2007

NUMBers (15 weeks)

I don't think that it's a coincidence that the first part of "numbers" is the word "NUMB." Numbers really do make me NUMB, especially when it comes to pregnancy! It's so strange to me that Tuesday marks 16 weeks--which is 4 months. However that's just 14 weeks gestational (whatever that means) and I still have 6 months until my due date, not 5 (well, not quite 6, but closer to 6 than 5). Have I lost anyone else here, because these NUMBers just don't make sense! Anyways, just something to think about...or not :)

Tony and I went to our church's consignment sale yesterday and got a lot of great stuff! We only spent $100 and we got several wonderful things--including a brand new, in the box, never opened Baby Bjorn. (Those are about $80 in stores for those of you who haven't been shopping for a Bjorn lately). We also got a swing that, of course, Margo is scared to death of. We've left it in the living room for her to get used to. I guess we're going to have to do that with all the baby gear since we have such a wimp for a dog--I can't wait to see how she reacts to a stroller, now THAT is going to be amusing :) It was a fun trip--yesterday was the first time we bought anything for Flair* so that was really exciting and really made us start to realize that this baby isn't too far away from his/her arrival!

*I don't think I've "blogged" this before, but Flair is the name that we've somehow adopted instead of referring to baby as "it" until we find out whether or not we're having a girl or a boy.

On another note, we're FINALLY getting another vehicle, HOORAY!!! Well, I guess I can't breathe a complete sigh of relief until it's in our possession, but that will happen later this afternoon so I suppose the sigh of relief can come half way out :) We're picking up a Honda Pilot this afternoon and we're really excited. At first we were really just looking at Pathfinders to replace the one we lost, but then that got really difficult. When you want to buy from a private party, it's hard to limit yourself to one type of car. So, we started looking at Pathfinders, Pilots, 4runners, and Nissan Muranos and we've ended up with a Pilot. I'm excited b/c I like the Pilot best--at first we thought we couldn't afford one, but we landed a good deal so it's all worked out great :) Anyways, here it is, we're pretty pleased with the find!

0 comments: