Thursday, September 20, 2007

sweet, sweet sleep & an avocado (16 weeks/4 months)


So, I pretty much owe my sanity and well being to my dear friend Courtney Lott. Yep, she let me borrow the grandest gift in the entire universe--a body pillow made especially for pregos--it's incredible! THANK YOU AGAIN A MILLION TIMES COURT! Now, a pillow may not seem like such a big deal to some of you, but toss and turn every night for 2+ weeks not getting much sleep and get up in the morning to a very uncomfortable lower back ache--throw in a couple of trips to Athens sleeping on an air mattress, oh yeah, and a child growing inside of you that's currently the size of an avocado--then you'll be singing my tune. All that being said, a message to all you ladies out there: as soon as you find out your pregnant, go out and get one--beg, borrow, or steal (okay, don't steal) but get one. If you happen to be a guy reading this: get one for your expecting wife and you'll be granted a get outta jail free pass for at least a couple weeks (sorry, can't promise you longer, but hey, cut her a break she's got a lotta hormones goin' crazy in there!)

Okay, enough about that. Back to the avocado reference above...so, I get weekly e-mails from the website http://www.whattoexpect.com/ and they're great. Lots of tips and advice and such. One of the coolest things is that each week they send you a pic of what your child looks like that week and also a reference to some sort of produce so you can get an idea of the size of the child growing inside you. It's really pretty neat and produces a great visual aid. Anyway, I think it's pretty interesting so I thought I'd start posting a little info at the end of my blogs each week on what's going on with Baby Flair so here it goes, produce and all ;)

Week 16: Our Lil' Avocado

Baby has both eyebrows and eyelashes but is still quite skinny since there's no baby fat yet.

The crown-to-rump measurement is between four and five inches, and weight is around three ounces.

Tiny bones in baby's ears are in place this week, making it likely that the baby can hear your voice.

The backbone (along with the back muscles) is stronger now — strong enough, in fact, to enable your baby to work on straightening his or her head and neck even more.

Baby skin is practically translucent now, so if you were able to take a peek, you'd be able to see your baby's blood vessels under that thin skin.

2 comments:

Court and Em said...

You are quite welcome, you know how I love to save the day! HAHA!! Can't believe that Flair is already so big! This pregnancy is flying by, before you know it he/she will be here! I can't wait! Hope that you have a great weekend, maybe sleeping on that air mattress won't be so bad with that great pillow you have!

SHAC said...

Mmmm...now I'm hungry for some guacamole