Friday, October 19, 2007

20 Down, 20 To Go

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
So as I post this and then look at the ticker above, I'm realizing that in order to achieve a more accurate picture of how Owen's growing this week, I should probably post at the beginning of the week instead of the end of the week , but....I'd rather be less accurate and be able to do more of a reflection of the past week instead :) I'm sure no one really cares either way, but I just thought I'd bring it up in case anybody's been confused.

So, wow, half way done. This time has FLOWN by!!! It really feels like we were in Italy yesterday finding out, but in the same amount of time that has passed since then, the two of us will become the three of us. Okay, I have to stop thinking about that, I'm starting to freak myself out!

On Sunday Tony and I ordered the furniture for the nursery--it take about 4 weeks to get here so we should have it by mid-November, yea! My wonderful, AWESOME parents wanted to buy the crib as a gift to Owen and actually ended up buying the dresser/changing table combo for us as well. We are SO INCREDIBLY grateful for their generosity...that helps us out in a HUGE way! I must say, for anyone who may be searching for nursery furniture, Baby Junction in Acworth has very reasonable prices. Here are the pictures of what we ordered except that we ordered them in white, not the natural color pictured here...

Okay, so I must brag on my husband for a minute--Tony has been a real trooper lately. He went to not one, but TWO fabric stores with me this past weekend. I have one more fabric to get--don't worry, I won't drag the husband along for this one--and it goes on sale on Sunday so I'm holding out until then. After that, I will have all that I need to sew Owen's bedding, YAHOO! Okay, for anyone who's ever sewed, you're probably thinking there's no way she's done...things always come up when sewing, you're going to have to go out and buy SOMETHING else...and you're probably right...so I will revise that to say that I will have all the major things that I need in order to sew his bedding :)


Well, I guess that's about it for this week. Next week I will actually be posting early because we're headed down to St. Simons & Jacksonville for the UGA/UF game, YAHOO!!! I can't WAIT to sit on the beach...but not as much looking forward to the mass of orange & blue that will be paired ever so trashily by jean shorts and the occasional mullet. Case in point, see below...
I mean, COME ON, even their beloved quarterback wears the "jorts"...this is just tooo stinkin easy!!!

20 Weeks: Owen's the size of a Cantaloupe

You've got a heavyweight in your belly now (well, in baby terms, anyway). Your little champ weighs about 10 ounces and has a height—crown to rump—of about 6 ½ inches. Think the size of a small cantaloupe.

Baby's digestive system is busy creating meconium this week—a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion and dead cells.

Your baby boy’s testicles have begun their descent this week, though they're still located in the abdomen, waiting for the scrotum to finish growing so they'll have a place to drop into in a few weeks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Hannah! I love all of your updates. I have a similar crib, except mine is espresso...I just wanted to tell you that once Emma Raines began standing up and teething she started eating her crib. My crib didn't come with a guard on the rail, so it looks like a beaver has done a number on it. I just wanted to tell you that so that you could make sure that your crib has a guard rail, and if not I think you can order one. Have fun preparing for Owen to get here: )!

Aubrey Kinnaman said...

You are the second person to say great things about Baby Junction. I will have to check it out. We got our crib this week from babies r us. When my husband and father in law opened the box there was no hardware:( So now we have to wait three weeks for babi italia to ship the hardware. Bummer. Nursery is painted though. Glad to hear everything is coming together for you. You are lucky to ahve settled on a name so fast. We are still working on it.