Not a whole lot of news to report this week. Owen's starting to move around more and more each day--or rather I can feel the movement more and more each day :) On Sunday I went to JoAnn's to get the last fabric that I mentioned was going to be on sale and they were out! I couldn't even believe it...I was so upset because there had been an ENTIRE bolt of fabric there just a few days before. Someone bought the WHOLE thing :( So I had to go with "plan B" which, as it ended up, I think worked out better anyway. The fabric that I was looking for was a striped fabric and it just so happened that I had picked up a swatch of fabric with a different striped pattern at Fabric & Fringe a couple of weeks earlier. Well, when I pulled it out and looked at it, it matched my other fabrics perfectly! Tony also added that he liked the "plan B" fabric better anyways so I went to get it and they had it! I am relieved to have all of my main fabric bought & paid for now. I can't wait until the nursery furniture gets here so that I can start sewing, yea!
.
I also kinda, sorta started cleaning out the closet in Owen's room. So far all I've really done is to move the winter coats from his closet to the guest room closet, and take a few other things out to be put in the attic...but hey, it's a start, right? :)
Well, I guess that pretty much summarizes this week. Going home to pack in a little while (I'm posting this at work) for St. Simons. I'm looking forward to a fun packed weekend with friends and some relaxing on the beach...maybe my Bulldogs will actually show up and put up a fight against the Gators...hey, ya never know! 21 Weeks: This baby is BANANAS :)
At about 7 inches in length and almost 11 ounces in weight, your baby is about the size of a large banana.Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for hydration and nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work!
Studies show that after birth, babies are most interested in tastes they've already experienced through amniotic fluid.Your baby still has a great deal of room in the womb — though like anyone who lives in one space for a long time, this tenant will soon begin to feel cramped. Until those uterine walls start closing in, however, there's plenty of space for twisting, turning, and even an occasional somersault.
With all that moving going on, it's hard to believe your baby gets any sleep at all. But believe it or not, he sleeps as much as a newborn--perhaps 12 to 14 hours per day!
With all that moving going on, it's hard to believe your baby gets any sleep at all. But believe it or not, he sleeps as much as a newborn--perhaps 12 to 14 hours per day!


0 comments:
Post a Comment