
A little late posting this week, but things have been busy at work--I had 2 episodes of Grey's Anatomy to catch up on for goodness sakes! :) Not much to write about again this week either. I'm slowly getting bigger, but feeling great overall. I have been a real slacker with my belly pic documentations...I am almost 6 months (some things say I already am...all I gotta say about that is, reference: the NUMBers blog...) and still haven't taken my 5 month pic yet, oops!
We had a very Happy Halloween with our annual bonfire with the neighbors...and Sara got to join this year which was way fun (Richard was flying). We had a great time passing out candy, sipping on hot chocolate, and making s'mores.
So last weekend was WAY exciting with a Dawgs victory over the Gators...YAHOO! Tony said we had to go to Jacksonville every year until we won, so I guess we're taken care of for at least a few years with that awesome victory :) Not like I really would have wanted to make that trip with a 7 month old anyways....maybe the year after that, we'll just have to wait and see!
This weekend is the very weekend that I look forward to and count down the days to all year long (okay...it's not the only weekend I do that for, but it's on my top 5)...it's GIRLS WEEKEND!!! We're headed tonight to Katie's lake house on Lake Sinclair and I cannot wait for a nice relaxing weekend with my girls. We will sit around and catch up on each others lives, have a big ol' breakfast in the a.m., and our "Official Girls Weekend meal" tomorrow night, along with a few other shenanigans and traditions that I could tell you about, but then I'd have to kill you... Haha, for real though, I just can't wait to sit and be with them. It truly is one of my very favorite times of the year!
22 Weeks: Pa-pa-pa-papaya
Your baby has finally broken the one-pound mark. This week he is developing the sense of touch. In fact, your little one's grip is quite developed by now — and since there's nothing else to grab in utero, he or she may sometimes hold on tight to that umbilical cord. The sense of sight is also getting more developed. Your fetus can now perceive light and dark much better than before (even with those fused eyelids), but unless you're shining a flashlight over your belly it'll be mostly dark for your baby inside that cozy womb of yours.
Moving up from
the eyes, the eyelashes and eyebrows are well formed now — and even more hair is sprouting atop that cute little head. You'd be quite surprised, though, if you could see your little one up close and in color. Hair at this stage has no pigment, so it's bright white.
Baby is now able to hear outside noise from down in the womb. Studies show that baby finds gentle music and your own voice most soothing. Nipples are starting to sprout, and that little face is fully formed. And, baby's starting to settle into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It shouldn't be hard to figure out when -- just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop.
Friday, November 02, 2007
22 Weeks
Posted by Hannah D at 2:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment