Wednesday, November 21, 2007

25 Weeks-Happy Thanksgiving!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker


A very Happy Thanksgiving to all! We have lots of fun time planned to spend with family starting today :) In a little less than an hour, as soon as I get off of work (YEA!), I'm headed to my parents' so that mama and I can do some baking for tomorrow's big dinner. This evening, Tony and I are going to his parents' house to hang out and have dinner with his dad's side of the family. Then tomorrow we're headed to my grandparents for the day to have a big ol' dinner at their house (my dad's parents).

We're headed to the very last UGA game of the year on Saturday against Ga Tech. The game is at Tech and Matt & his fiance, Denine, as well as James, Caitlyn, Travis, Robert, and I'm sure Jason will be there too along with a few others so we're looking forward to hanging out with all of them on Saturday. Ashleigh & Joel are going to meet up with us after Emmi Kate's (Ash's neice)dedication and Lauren is gonna be there too so it should be a blast! It's supposed to be SO COLD on Saturday so I'm planning on bundling up :)
.
I'm ALMOST over my cold (YEA!!!) and doing much better now! I took some cough syrup last night and slept better than I have in few days. Looks like I almost have this cold beat so that's good...now I'll just have to keep from getting another one and I'll be good...looks like it will be plenty of o.j. for me this winter :)

25 Weeks: An Eggplant, hmmm....

At 9 inches and more than a 1 ½ pounds in weight, your baby is taller than two juice boxes stacked one on top of the other, and almost as heavy as four of those little boxes.
.
Let your spouse put an ear to your belly -- he might be able to pick up baby's heartbeat (no stethoscope required) Baby's also soaking up your antibodies, getting the immune system ready for life outside the womb. Eyes are forming, and baby will soon perfect the blink -- perfect for batting those freshly grown lashes.

Baby's skin is turning pinker this week because small blood vessels, called capillaries, are forming under the skin and filling with blood. Later this week, blood vessels will also develop in your baby's lungs, bringing them one step closer to full maturity — and one step closer to taking that first breath of fresh air. But those lungs are still very much works in progress. Though they are already beginning to develop surfactant, a substance that will help the lungs expand after the baby is born, the lungs are still too undeveloped to sufficiently send oxygen to the bloodstream and release carbon dioxide when he or she exhales. The lungs aren't the only system that's gearing up for air intake. Your baby's nostrils, which have been plugged up until now, are starting to open this week. This actually allows your little one to begin taking practice breaths. (Of course since there's no air in there, your baby is really only "breathing" amniotic fluid, but it's the practice that counts, right?)

0 comments: