Friday, November 16, 2007

24 weeks--feebin' stobbed up...

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
So this week I have a cold...boo! It's no fun (when is it ever?!) I really can't take any meds--I can take Benadryl at night, but during the day it's hot tea and Vicks scented kleenex for me. Doesn't seem to be affecting Owen much though, he's as active as ever--kicking me all the time so that's good :) I think he must feel a little cramped in there when I lean forward at my desk when I'm at work. If I stay in that position for more than a minute or two, I start feeling hard nudges right in the center of my belly. It's almost like he's saying, "hey, move outta my way mom!" It's pretty comical actually and always makes me smile :)

Tony and I picked up the nursery furniture last Saturday and it's now put together in Owen's room. I even made one side of the bumper pad already because I really wanted to get an idea of what his crib bedding is going to look like. Tony is going to put up the paneling in the nursery next week over his Thanksgiving break and I think his dad may come and help with that. I plan on doing some more sewing next week too. The nursery is really starting to come together which is so neat to see. Tony's parents also told us that they want to buy a glider for Owen's room which is so special! I am so excited that they're going to help us out with that, I can't wait to go and pick it out! What an awesome gift, I know Owen will love being rocked in it in his nursery :)

Tony's birthday was on Tuesday and so we're celebrating with our parents tonight by going out to eat at Pappasito's--Tony's very favorite restaurant. We always get the fajitas for two and I know that's what we'll get tonight too, we don't even have to open the menu! I'm looking forward to it because Pappasito's is one of my favorites as well :) After dinner we're headed to Athens for the last home game of the season against Kentucky. Hopefully we'll pull out another win this weekend! I can't believe our season is almost over, it seems like it just started. Even harder to believe is that at the start of next season we'll have a 5 month old in tow! I know Owen will be a little bulldog right from the start. Tony already talks about how excited he is about throwing the football with him. He'll bleed red and black just like his mama and daddy...GO DAWGS!!!


24 weeks: last week of the papaya

Your baby weighs more than 1 ½ lbs. now and sports a crown-to-rump length of about 8 ½ inches.

Wondering what (and who) your baby will look like? If you had a baby cam, you'd almost be able to tell by now. That beautiful face (though still tiny) is almost fully formed. What's still missing from the picture is the fat that will be piled on under baby's skin. Until those fat deposits are made, that very tender skin is still very transparent, which means a close look would let you see clear through to all the organs, bones, and blood vessels. Fortunately, that see-through look won't last much longer. Babies at this point are gaining about 6 ounces each week — with much of that gain coming from fat, in addition to growing organs, bones, and muscle.

What can your baby hear from inside the womb these days? All kinds of sounds: from air exhaling from your lungs, those gastric gurgles produced by your stomach and intestines, your voice and your partner's (which your baby will be able to recognize at birth), and even very loud sounds such as honking horns, barking dogs, or a wailing fire truck.

0 comments: