
Well, 1 more week (actually less since I'm posting this on Friday and my weeks change on Mondays) and I'll officially be at the 1/2 way point! That sounds so wild to me! I feel like it was just a few days ago that we were finding out and now time has flown by and this pregnancy is 1/2 way finished. Not a whole lot of news this week really. I'm starting to feel movement more regularly now--it's not a constant yet--but Owen did keep me up for a while longer than usual after a 2am potty break last night. The best way I can describe the movement is that it's kind of like my belly has hiccups or there are bubbles popping inside me--nothing like anything I've ever felt before for sure. As little guy gets bigger I'm sure the movements will feel more and more like "kicking," but for now it's hiccups for this baby bump.
6 inches long this week and about 8 ounces in weight, your baby is the size of a large mango. and legs are finally in proportion, neurons are now connected between the brain and muscles, and cartilage throughout the body is turning to bone. All these upgrades combine to give your baby more control over limb movements. Which explains all that kicking, stretching, and other movement you've possibly started feeling by now.
called vernix caseosa (vernix is the Latin word for varnish; caseosa is cheese) now covers your baby's skin. It's greasy and white and is made up of lanugo (that downy hair), oil from your baby's glands, and dead skin cells. This waxy "cheese" may not sound too appetizing or attractive, but it's there for good reason: Vernix protects your baby's sensitive skin from the surrounding amniotic fluid. Without it, your baby would look very wrinkled at birth (sort of what you'd look like if you soaked in a bath for nine months). Some babies — especially those born early — will still be covered with vernix at the delivery, so you might get a look at your baby's first anti-wrinkle cream.

1 comments:
I wonder if anyone else gets tears in their eyes and they read this website?
I just want you to know I am going to be the best grandmother on this planet, however I imagine there will be buckets more tears of joy shed!
Thanks be to God!!
Post a Comment