Tuesday, January 22, 2008

34 Weeks

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

A little late with the 34 week posting (what else is new?) but here's what's been going on...

This past Wednesday, some of my mom's friends had a surprise Grandmother Shower for her and it was a lot of fun. I had never heard of this before, but it was such a cute idea. They showered her with gifts to prepare for Owen to come and visit his grandparents' house. Some of the gifts included a few bottles, bibs, toys, pacifiers, some onesies, baby lotion, etc. They also went in together and got my mom a bouncer. Here are a few pictures of the shower...
A bib for "Mum's" House

Mama checking out her new bouncer...her friend Valerie was explaining the ropes :)



Some of mama's great friends & neighbors


Nikki--the AWESOME hostess

On Friday, Tony and I headed on one last trip before baby to my aunt & uncle's cabin in Little Switzerland, NC. We had a very relaxing long weekend reading by the fire, watching movies, hiking in the snow, napping (well, I napped--Tony watched football!) and we even took a day trip to Blowing Rock for lunch and a little bit of window shopping. It was quite cold up there--6 degrees on Sunday (!) but we had a lot of fun. We just got back yesterday so I will have to upload and post pictures of our trip later this week. It was such a nice, MUCH needed getaway and we are so glad that we took the trip. I did come back with a bit of a cold or something (boo!) I'm just not feeling 100%, but it's not too bad.

34 Weeks: The Honeydew Streak Continues...
Your baby could be as tall as 20 inches right now and about 5 pounds. Baby’s senses are continuing to improve -- when light peeks in through your belly, those tiny eyelids and irises blink and dilate and, baby can now recognize and react to simple songs… time to start practicing your lullabies! This week his testicles are making their way down from his abdomen to his scrotum. Your baby's fingernails now reach the end of the fingertips and may even curl over the tip. Growth is starting to slow, and baby may start descending into your pelvis at the end of this month.

0 comments: