Friday, January 25, 2008

35 Weeks

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker
I'm almost over my cold now--still quite tired, but I'm breathing better now so that's good! This weekend is going to be a big "preparation weekend" for Tony & me. We plan to finish painting Owen's bookshelf and put it in his room as well as organize all of the fun gear, clothing, and other stuff we've gotten for Owen at recent showers. I've added a few new details to the nursery recently--some painted letters, a cross, and a few other things--so hopefully I'll also find some time to take some new pictures and post them next week. We're also going to pack our hospital bags and hopefully install the carseat. I also plan to finish sewing Owen's diaper bag & get some of his clothes washed. I'm sure there are a few more things I just can't think of right now that will sneak their way on the "to do list" as well :) Hopefully this list will get accomplished, I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

The other night I woke up in the middle of the night for a potty break and when I came back to bed Owen was quite active--not unusual in the least, he almost always wakes up and starts moving around about 3am or so--but this time the movements felt a little bit different. It was almost like he was moving to a beat or something--then I realized, he had the hiccups! It was quite comical and I almost woke up Tony so he could feel (but then decided he probably wouldn't appreciate a 3am wake up call!) so I just layed there for a little bit feeling these rhythmic movements until he finally stopped and I went back to sleep. I'm sure he's probably had them before, but this was the first time I'd felt them and identified what they were so I was quite amused.
.
35 Weeks: Only 5 left!
At about 20 inches and about 5 ½ pounds, most of your baby's growth over the next month before you meet will be in weight (with a gain of anywhere from 1 pound to several), not height--baby's pretty much reached the in utero limit in that department. Accordingly, baby’s fat continues to accumulate at a rapid pace these days. Back in the middle of your pregnancy, your baby's weight was made up of only 2% fat; now that percentage has soared to closer to 15 % and will increase to 30 % at term. Which means your baby's once skinny arms and legs are now quite plump…and irresistibly, squeezably soft.

Also continuing to grow at an amazing pace is your baby's brain power. Luckily, the part that surrounds that amazing brain — the skull — remains soft. And for good reason: A soft skull will allow your baby to squeeze more easily through the birth canal.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Hanna, can you believe that Owen is almost here?! How exciting. I can't wait to see pictures of his room all set up. I'm sure it's so cute. What is the name of your work out video? Do you like it?

Have a great weekend,
Natalie McGough