Wednesday, February 27, 2008

39 Weeks & Pregnancy Pictures!

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Well, Monday was my official last day of work, YAHOO! It feels so good that I have the opportunity for some time to relax, catch up on sleep, get some chores done around the house, etc. before Owen gets here! I'm technically "on vacation" for the rest of the week, with my official last day being this coming Friday, Feb 29th--so the paychecks won't stop until then which is wonderful!

I went to my doctor yesterday and everything looks good--he says, "any day now!" so it shouldn't be too much longer. Everyone keeps asking me this, but I'm really not impatient, I'm enjoying this down time right now--I have told several people that I'm in a "win-win" situation. If he comes today I'll be happy, but if he waits a little while longer, that's fine too b/c it gives me more time to rest and have some "me" time. Plus, he's easier to take care of this way so I've just told him, "I'm ready when you are little guy!" :) My doctor won't let me go over a week past my due date (which is 3/4) so regardless, the waiting period is almost over!

I just got my pictures back that my sweet friend Cori took a few weeks ago! They all turned out AWESOME! I have hung some of them in Owen's nursery and they look so great :) If anyone's looking for a great photographer with very reasonable prices, I have a GREAT recommendation for you... :)


39 Weeks--didn't feel like posting the cucumber again, you get the picture :)
Your baby's weight and height have probably increased only a little from last week (and your overstretched skin is probably grateful for that). But his brain is still developing rapidly (a pace that continues during the first three years of life), with changes you'll be able to recognize firsthand as your baby's skill-packed bag of tricks expands almost daily.

Heard that babies cry a lot? There's definitely truth to that rumor — as you'll find out soon enough (and usually during the middle of the night). However, tiny babies don't produce tiny tears when they cry, since their tear ducts aren't open for business yet. While you'll be consoling your crying baby right from the get-go, it won't be until sometime after the first month that you'll be wiping tears off those chubby cheeks.

Your baby's skin has now finally changed from pink to white (no matter how dark-skinned he will be eventually; pigmentation will occur soon following birth). That's because a thicker fat layer has been deposited over the blood vessels.

3 comments:

SHAC said...

Wow, those pics are great! WE CAN'T WAIT!!! (I rhymed)

Beth Goff said...

The pictures are great!!! Enjoy this time! Tell Tony hello for me.

Court and Em said...

I am so glad that you were able to have some time off before Owen's debut. I can't wait to meet him.