Tuesday, July 22, 2008

4 months old

Last week we took Owen to the doctor for his 4 month wellness checkup. He checked out great and is doing so well. He did have to get 4 shots :( but he was such a trooper. I think he hated being held down on the table worse than the actual shots and he stopped crying as soon as I picked him back up and cuddled with him for a bit.

The doctor gave us the go ahead to start him on cereal, so we've been doing that for about a week now and it's going very well. He really seems to like it and has started opening his mouth for the spoon. He's even fussed a time or two when I couldn't get it in his mouth fast enough :) The other day Tony was eating some ice cream with a spoon while he was holding Owen and Owen opened his mouth and tried to take a bite of it. It was so funny! He definitely already knows what a spoon means, haha!

Some of Owen's tricks these days...
-rolling from tummy to back and back to tummy
-laughing out loud
-LOTS of babbling and putting different sounds together
-standing with assistance (I think he'd sleep standing up if he could!)
-sitting for a few seconds without assistance
-pulling his knees under him when on his tummy (hasn't quite got the strength to support himself with his arms yet though)
-lots of bubble blowing and raspberry noises
-putting EVERYTHING in his mouth!

4 Month Measurements...

14 lbs. 1 oz. (25th to 50th percentile)
26 3/4 inches long (9oth to 97th percentile)

I misplaced the sheet they gave me at the doctor, so I don't remember what his head measurement was, I'll update that later.

Here are a few of his 4 month pictures as well as some shots of him eating cereal for the first time...

my sweet angel

Something was pretty funny ;)

4 months old...already?!

Eating cereal for the first time....mmmmmm

He likes it :)

1 comments:

Emilie Smith said...

He is so cute!!! I just love him! Must see him soon : ) I had so much fun walking today. Love you friend! em