Thursday, July 03, 2008

Sleeping?! What's That?....

So basically, Owen has decided that he does not like to sleep! Okay, I need to be a little more specific...he is still sleeping through the night (Praise God!), but he hates naptime--specifically afternoon naptime--these days. I'm thinking he is probably about to learn a new trick or go through a growth spurt or something, but he's making ME tired, haha! Yesterday, after he woke up from his early afternoon nap (around 1:30) that child did not go back to sleep until 10pm! Now, don't misunderstand, we are still putting him down for his naps, he just doesn't sleep. Sometimes he'll play, sometimes he'll cry, and sometimes he'll just stare at his mobile, but he's not falling asleep (and I know because I keep watching the video monitor in disbelief!). He's still good with his morning nap and then takes a really long nap from around 11:30 until about 2pm, but after that he wants little to do with sleeping until bedtime. I'm really hoping that this won't last very long. He's thankfully still the same sweet and happy baby (with the exception of a few small meltdowns around 7 or 8pm-ish), but for some reason feels no need to sleep in the afternoons/early evenings. Oh well, I guess we'll just motor right on through and keep putting him down and hopefully he'll get over this soon...

oh, and if any mamas have any tips or tricks, i'd love to hear some! :)

ah sleep, what a sweet memory ;)

1 comments:

Beth Goff said...

Hey Hannah... he might just need two naps a day if he is taking longer naps. Try putting him down for bed around 7:30 or 8PM if he does not take a third nap. Also, check babywise and see about the total number of hours of sleep he should be getting. Since he is sleeping through the night and taking two really good naps he might be getting enough sleep. I know it is harder for you though.