After Christmas lunch and a nap for Owen, we headed to my grandparents' house (my dad's parents--my Nonnie & Poppaw) to celebrate with them as well. Owen was fired up and ready to go and had just as much fun trying to chew on the bows as he did playing with his new toys.
We had another great meal there (I think it's pretty safe to say I probably gained a few that day!) and visited with them. My cousin Tristan got a new remote controlled car and Owen was VERY interested in it. He crawled after it for a long time trying to catch it. Owen was quite the entertainment as always :)
Owen giving Geebee & Nonnie a laugh :)
Playing peek-a-boo with Pops 
We were so blessed this year--not just by all of the wonderful presents, but by all of the quality time we've gotten to spend with family. Having Owen this year renewed and magnified all of the excitement and anticipation that Christmas has always had for me, but it has also deepened the meaning and gratefulness that I feel--first and foremost to my wonderful Lord and Savior, but also to my family and friends for all that they mean and all that they do in my life.
When those festivities were over, we headed over to my parents for the evening. We exchanged presents with them and got some AWESOME, AWESOME gifts! We got the board game, "Loaded Questions," which if you haven't played it--come on over to our house anytime and we'll play it, cause it's a BLAST! We also got some wonderful, much needed kitchen gadgets & some great, sharp knives (can you tell we were in need of kitchen stuff this year?!) Owen got a really cool push & ride dump truck. He loves to ride it while we push him all around the house, I think he feels like quite the big boy :)
He also got lots of wonderful books--a few of his favorites being some "touch & feel" books that he likes to investigate very carefully, it's so cute to watch him lift the flaps and feel the different textures.
Playing ball with Pops--I'm telling you, Owen didn't let that thing out of his sight all day long :)

2 comments:
I am so glad yall had such a fun Christmas. Owen is SO cute!!
Sounds like a fun Christmas! And that's great you do get to see all your family- what a blessing! Btw-Steve and I LOVE "Loaded Questions"!! Such a fun game! They also have an adult version that we played once w/friends, but it will silly and we ended up going back to the regular version....we're so boring! ha ha!
Post a Comment