Owen turned 9 months last Friday. We went to the doctor yesterday and he said Owen was looking great and he was really glad to hear that he's still breastfeeding. No shots yesterday which was good :) but Owen did have to have his toe pricked to check his hemoglobin. The poor little guy bled so much it was dripping down his foot, but it didn't really seem to hurt him. He hated the nurse holding down his foot to get the blood sample, but as soon as she let him free he was happy again. Oh, and I'm happy to report in the words of Owen's doctor, "his blood is great!"
Here are Owen's 9 month measurements:
weight: 17 lbs. 3 oz. (3rd-10th percentile)
height: 29 in. (75th-90th percentile)
head: 45 3/4 cm. (50th-75th percentile)
As you can see, Owen's very tall and skinny (nothing we didn't already know!), but his doctor isn't concerned about him at all. Hey, someone has to be in those low weight percentiles right? :) He said Owen should even out and catch up somewhere between now and 15 months.
Added to Owen's diet this month were:
beef
pasta
cheese
pineapple
Owen's doctor isn't concerned about allergies at all (which is good because I'm not really either!)and has pretty much given me the go ahead on most foods, only holding back with the obvious ones (nuts, milk, etc) until after his 1st birthday. He is a great doctor, very laid back, and we've been VERY happy with him.
Some new "tricks" Owen's accomplished this month are:
cruising--he loves to walk around the room holding onto the furniture. he'll even take a step towards something all by himself when 2 pieces of furniture are too far apart to hold on the whole time.
standing alone--though he's only done this a handful of times though, he's still pretty cautious about standing and isn't really showing too much interest in attempting to walk, which by the way is A Okay by me!!! :)
Also, on December 2nd Owen officially said his first real word. And the word was...drum roll please...COW :) Haha, for some reason I think this is such a funny 1st word! He says it all the time though and will even do it while looking at cows in books :) He also says: "mama", "da-da" , "la la" when he sees Delilah, our cat, (which is what I call her all the time), "oh wow", and "ow" which he picked up from me...Owen is ALL BOY and can be very rough: pulling hair, pinching, biting, etc. so apparently I say "ow" all the time and now he does too. Needless to say, we are working on being gentle (especially with the pets) but Owen's not quite gotten that concept yet :) It's really funny when Owen says "ow" too because of course he uses it completely out of context...when I'm putting on his shoes, when he's playing with a toy, when he wakes up from his nap, um...pretty much all the time...so I like to be silly and tell him, "Owen, you're using that term inappropriately" and he just smiles right back at me. It's our fun little game :)
Well, here are some pictures of my sweet baby who's really starting to look more and more like a little boy every day! Owen's getting so big, so fast, it's hard to see time pass by so quickly! Sigh!....
Oh well, Enjoy! :)
Thursday, December 18, 2008
9 Months!
Posted by Hannah D at 10:54 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Bailey is always in the 5-10% for weight too- though she eats ALL the time! I love the "Owww" story....I can just imagine you giving him a hug or kiss and he yells "OWWWW!!!" So funny!! And I just LOVE the 9 month pictures- I think they're the best you've ever taken- you could put them magazine....seriously! Well go have fun and enjoy your little "cow" boy- hee hee :)
Post a Comment