Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Mornings at Our House :)

The other morning I decided to take some pictures of Owen to document how we spend a "typical morning" (but is there really anything typical with a 9 month old though?!) and to share some of the "big boy" things he's doing these days.
Owen almost always wakes up really happy every morning and plays in his crib with Pancake the bear until I come and get him. I can hear him squealing and laughing and it's such a sweet way to wake up every day. Even when I'm really tired and wish I could sleep in a little longer, I hear him playing in his room and it gets me going.
He typically eats cereal and fruit for his solid food breakfast every day and then I give him various soft/mush foods after that for him to pick up and eat himself. He love puffs and graham crackers, will occasionally eat cut up banana pieces, and tolerates soft pieces of pear....but he does NOT care for eggs! It is so funny to see his reaction when I give him eggs. He will almost always take that first bite, thinking it's some fruit or something, but upon discovering I've given him eggs, I get immediate disgust!
Haha, oh well! We'll keep trying :)
After breakfast Owen has play time in the pack and play while I eat my breakfast and then clean up the kitchen. After I'm finished, we usually have play time in the living room for a while until it's time for his morning nap. The other day, I turned on the TV to check the weather, but when I turned on the TV, Sesame Street was on and Owen was immediately mesmerized! I let him watch it for just a minute or two because he was just so cute. It made me a little bit sad though, because, well...just look at him, he looks like such a little boy sitting there watching TV!
Owen is really into squatting for some reason. I think maybe he's experimenting with his balance or something, but he really likes to pull up on his exersaucer and then get down in a squat. He seems pretty proud of himself too because he always looks at me and smiles when he does it. So precious :)
He also likes to pretend he's going "night night" and snuggle with his boppy. He will lay there for a second or two and then look up at me and laugh. It's a fun game for him and he loves to play it every morning. Mornings are probably the sweetest times for me too because Owen is so very happy and very cuddly with me. It is precious time for me that I treasure every day. It's also a time of reflection for me as I sit and watch him and realize how quickly he's growing up and becoming a "big boy". I am so excited for all that lies ahead as Owen grows, learns, and discovers new things, but it is bittersweet to realize he's not a tiny baby anymore. I am enjoying every minute of being a stay at home mom and I am so blessed and thankful that God has provided the opportunity for me to do so. I wouldn't trade this time with Owen for anything in the world!

0 comments: