We had our very 1st doctor's appointment yesterday afternoon and everything went very smoothly. We even managed to squeeze it in between feedings without having to feed too early or too late which kept Owen a happy boy :) He has gained 4 ounces since we left the hospital--he was 8lbs. 60z. when we left and now he's 8lbs. 10oz. so he's gaining weight nicely. He is supposed to be back at his birth weight between 10 and 14 days old so we're well on our way! He measured 22 inches long so if everyone's measurements were accurate--he's already grown 1/2 inch since he was born! The doctor says he looks very healthy and as she put it, "I can't find anything to worry about!" Amazingly enough, Owen didn't cry the entire time we were in the doctor's office-even when he was stripped down to be weighed! Ironically enough, mama was the one who had to get a shot! I had to get the dpt shot and Owen got off without having to be stuck which was great. Next time he won't be so lucky though I'm afraid :( I wish I could take all of his shots for him--I don't like it when my baby boy has to hurt!!! He did fuss a bit on the way home. He's still not crazy about his car seat, but he's getting used to it pretty quickly.
Tony had his first day back at work today. We really missed him a lot, but there's only 1 more day until the weekend and we're really excited about that! Geebee (my mom) came over today and was a HUGE help to us. She watched Owen while I napped and cleaned and tidied things up a bit too which was great--the clutter was starting to drive me a little crazy!This afternoon Sara & Richard came to visit Owen and Linda, Sara's mom, came along too! Richard got to meet Owen for the 1st time and he was so funny--he's gonna be such a great daddy himself in just a few months! They're both are going to be excellent parents, I can't wait to see them in action :) It was a lot of fun laughing and visiting with them, we all had a great time! Dang it if I didn't forget to take pictures today though :( They'll just have to come back really soon for a re-do so we can capture it on film!
Thursday, March 20, 2008
1 week dr. appt
Posted by Hannah D at 8:13 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
I am so glad things are going well! I totally understand how you feel about the house being cluttered. I am still that way and I make TJ drop everything and help me clean! Hehe... Enjoy your baby boy!
Post a Comment